Monday, May 25, 2009

Surgery #6




Here is what I get to wear on my leg for the next few weeks.  It is called a TED hose.  It helps to keep the swelling down in my knee.  Then here is a picture of the crutches I am on.  They are nicer than regular crutches.  They have springs on them, shock absorbers, and more comfortable under the arms.  

The doctor found out that the cadaver plug he put in my knee at Christmas 2007 worked. We were afraid that it hadn't.  It was bone and cartlige.  He found a lot of scar tissue and that the cartlige had over grown.  So he cut off the scar tissue and smoothed out the cartlige.  

We are so happy that the plugged worked.  I should be up and around in a week.  This surgery was 6 days ago.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment